Thursday, May 28, 2015

Easy Chili Dinner ~ Review

I was recently given the opportunity to try a few of the products from Olde Westport Spice & Trading Co.  They were all things I had never tried before which I love.  I received their Mesquite Seasoning, a package of Chili, Chicken Enchilada Soup, and Chili Verde  I really loved all four items but my favorite was their chili seasoning which was just delicious.


It was so easy to make and with the Chili Mix you only need a couple other ingredients which is great.  I actually had everything on hand already.  You need 2 lbs of ground meat.  I choose ground beef.  A can of tomato sauce and a can of beans.  I love to use Spicy chili beans.


The recipe comes right on the back of the package and was super easy to make while watching my two boys.  I am a huge fan of one pot meals.  You just brown your meat and drain the grease.  


Then you add the Olde Westport Chili Chili Mix, tomato sauce, and a can of water.  Let that cook for ten minutes.  Next, drain and rinse your beans, add them to the mixture and cook another ten minutes.  I use my timer on my stove because as a mom at home I am easily distracted and it keeps me on track.  



That's it!  You have a delicious satisfying meal.  I only cook dinner when I am not working so it is a special treat for the hubby to come home to a meal waiting and he was thrilled.  We gobbled up our bowls of Chili.  They were so yummy.  I added a sprinkle of shredded cheese to the top as a garnish.


CHAMPIONSHIP CHILI SPICE BLEND - This championship spice has helped chili creators win 12 state and national championships throughout the years and all over the US! But what is most important to us about our Olde Westport Chili Spice Blend is that our customers love to use it in their chili whether it's for a national championship cook-off challenge or simply for their own family in their cozy kitchen on a cold winter's night. We've heard from countless customers that our attention to detail and quality is what makes this chili spice blend stand out above the competitors. We know you might put beans in your chili or maybe you add apples and sausage or perhaps you have a special recipe that is top secret but starts with thick-cut bacon... however you concoct your chili we hope you'll try our chili spice blend





No comments: