Monday, August 18, 2014

MCC Genworth Let's Talk Tour ~ #LetsTalk

“I wrote this review while participating in a campaign for Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Genworth. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.”


One of the hardest things to talk about, or something we tend to put off is choices for later on in life.  From planning for retirement to long term care options I know I personally have so many questions and not a clue!  I tend to have the thought I'll deal with it when it happens but I know that is definitely not smart the smart choice.  More people actually plan for their death then they do for long term care.

One of my main questions would probably be with my parents.  What are their thoughts and wishes?  If they were to get ill would my siblings and I know what to do?  How much would care cost and where would the money come from?  Any situation that were to arise I'm sure it would be stressful enough so knowing their wishes and our choices would make the entire situation much easier.  



From New York to California Genworth is getting people talking about all aspects of their future through the Let's Talk Tour.  We never want to think about things such as long term care for our parents but its a reality and a difficult time.  Most of all it can be expensive to care for a parent or even a grandparent.  Childcare is costly and caring for a parent around the clock is even more costly with a nursing home costing around $80,000 a year!  Even with my brother and sister helping that is not a cost we could afford so a backup plan is a must for us.



Check out the videos above to check in on the fun at the Genworth Let's Talk Tour.  Don't wait and have the talk today with you parents and grandparents about what long term care options they are interested in and set up a plan!  Genworth is there to help with any questions you may have along the way.  Check out their tour dates here and stop on by if you are in the area.  You never know if someone famous like Frank Thomas may be there to help you jump start that conversation!  #LetsTalk





No comments: