Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Magic Waters Waterpark!



With everyone talking about back to school, and even sharing Halloween costume ideas, I just want to say STOP!!!  We still have an entire month of summer left before school starts so I highly suggest you take a break on planning for the future and plan a fun day with the kiddos.  Winter is going to be here soon enough so a day at Magic Waters waterpark is a perfect activity to end your summer with.


Magic Waters is just an hour outside of Chicago near beautiful Rockford, IL.  It was an easy drive from the city and well worth it.  They have something for everyone.  My 3 year old is not into slides but he loved playing in the Children's Tiki area.  He also loved the wave pool and told me it was just like the beach in Florida.


Well my 3 year old and I hung around the wave pool my husband and my 5 year old went on every single water slide for the majority of the day.  There were only 2 slides my 5 year old was too little for but he loved all the rest.  His favorite was the Splash Blaster which is basically like a roller coaster water slide.  Tons of fun!


One attraction our entire family enjoyed was the Splash Magic River.  We went around it at least 5 times and had a blast relaxing and racing along the river.  I did manage to sneak away and ride one of the bigger water slides myself called the Double Dare Drop.  I was terrified!!  It was so much fun though and my 5 year old loved watching me go down the huge drop.



It was a fabulous day and My entire family and I can wait to head back to Magic Waters waterpark.  We went on a Sunday and there was not much of a wait for any of the slides and there was plenty of chairs and picnic tables.  We were able to find a nice area in the shade to leave our towels and come back to for lunch.  They also allow you to bring a cooler so feel free to bring any food you want with you!  


Right now if you purchase tickets on their website they are only $13!  If you do buy food in the park I have to say everything is very reasonably priced and tasty.  Parking is FREE.  So drop what you are doing, grab the kids and have a relaxing day at Magic Waters waterpark.  

A huge thank you to USFamilyGuide.com & Magic Waters for giving us tickets for such an exciting day :)




No comments: