Thursday, September 19, 2013

Biscuits & Gravy Casserole ~ Recipe

Lately I have been in the mood to cook and bake.  This is really not normal for me but my hubby is loving it.  Tonight I decided to try a new dish.  I had all the ingredients on hand aside from breakfast sausage so I grabbed some on the way home from work.  It takes about 10-15 minutes to prepare and then you just bake for 35-45 minutes and voila a perfect dinner.  I love dishes you don't have to watch over so this was perfect.

Here is what you need:

Biscuits & Gravy Casserole

1 package of breakfast sausage
1 package of biscuits
1 package of country gravy mix
1-2 cups of shredded cheese
5-6 eggs
1/2 cup of milk
little bit of salt and pepper


1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and start browning the sausage in a pan.

2. While the sausage is cooking grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and layer the bottom with the uncooked biscuits.

3. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt & pepper together in a bowl and then pour over the biscuits in your baking dish.

4. When the sausage is done cut it up (I used meat scissors) and add it to the dish.  Cover that with as much or little cheese as you like.

5.  Make the gravy according to the instructions on the package and pour that on top.

6. Put it in the oven and wait 35-45 minutes and voila!

Everyone really loved this dish and you could add any of your own ingredients maybe some peppers or corn.  Hope you enjoy it as much as my family did!

No comments: